Monday, December 9, 2013

Change is okay

"It may be that decisions which seem to change the character of the work will now have to be made. But if the principles which have grounded us from the beginning are held fast there will be no real change. The river may flow in a new channel but it will be the same river." ~ Amy Carmichel 

I desire God's will for my life, even if this means leaving all that I know, and yet, so often I feel like He couldn't have chosen a girl with more excitement about the future with almost as much dread of change to match!  
In all honesty, I think God just loves it when I am desperate for Him. He will use the heart in my throat and the pounding of my chest to keep me seeking, surrendering, trusting and loving. And those are my closest moments with Him. 

I feel my heart stirring, but with no clue as to why or to what's ahead. All I know is that Christ is always faithful, always good, and always my strength. 

Perhaps there will be nothing significantly changing any time soon. I don't know. But for now, I am thankful for the reminder that, when it's from God ... Change really can be okay! :) 

Alright, done rambling now :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but grin and be excited with you, and I don't know why either. I cannot wait to see what God is going to do in (and through) you! Love you, dearest friend and sister!!
    Through Christ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend! I can always count on you! :D

      Delete