Wednesday, June 9, 2010

1yr. in Thailand


Tomorrow (the 11th) marks one year in Thailand for me. I laugh when I think about how I was only supposed to be here for four months! God certainly has His ways of changing OUR plans, doesn't He? : ) I am happy to be able to say though, that this has been one of the best years in my entire life up to this point. I am thankful beyond words for my time here in South Thailand with the Stubenrauch Family, Garsee Family, Christina, P'Thak and the Thai friends I have made here. I don't think they realize just how much the Lord has used them to further mold and shape me into the women He wants me to be. I can only hope that I have been at least half of a blessing to them as they have been to me.



The month (April/May) I spent in Khorat with my dear friend, Margaret, and her family was wonderful. The Hoar family definitely knows how to make someone feel special. I have come home more refreshed and ready for the next months ahead. It was great to still be able to take Thai lessons while I was up there too. Khruu (teacher) Usanee is a Christian (My teacher down here in Hat Yai is not) so she was able to help get me started with learning how to use some higher vocabulary that I need to know when I talk about God. It was really neat.

And oh! Speaking of Khorat, Lake Lovorn is doing MUCH better! Thank you for keeping him in your prayers. At his last doctor's visit he was able to move his arm up to his mouth during his 'water therapy' session! Praise God!

Some special things are going on lately. Our team dynamics are starting to change now. Colton Garsee left for America a couple of months ago to go to Bible school, and just this past month our good friends and fellow missionaries, the Pruett Family have left Thailand to be led by God elsewhere. It was really hard to say goodbye to them, but we are all so happy that they are walking in obedience and faithfulness to the Lord.


Chase Garsee left the other day to go to a 2 month worship school. He'll be back in August, but even to say goodbye to him was somewhat hard because it's the start of a new season in his life, knowing he will be going back to the U.S. at the beginning of the new year for college. I kind of felt like I was saying goodbye to one of my younger brothers! I don't like goodbyes, even if they mean something good is happening!


I think above all of these farewells, the hardest one for me will be when my wonderful friend/former roommate, Christina leaves to go back to the States too. We have done SO MUCH together this past year. I can hardly believe it's all about to end. I cannot wait to hear about what else the Lord is going to lead her to do in the near future though!!!!

I love all of these dear people so much and I am extremely proud of them. I would also like to ask on their behalf that you would please keep them in your prayers, perhaps when you are praying for me? I know they would appreciate it immensely.

As for my plans, I am supposed to arrive in KY on September 2nd! Yes! I have my ticket :) But before that happens, in these next few months it looks as though I will be starting a "job" teaching English to some young students at our local wat (temple) school once a week. And my brother, John, is coming to visit for the whole month arriving on August 4th!!! We'll go back to the States together.

I am looking forward to coming home for awhile. Not only do I want to come home to visit the people I love, but I also really want to take the time to think, pray and re-cap. At this point I do believe that I am returning to Thailand probably in February after being able to help my mom with the new baby (YES! It's true!!!! Mom will be 13 wks along tomorrow!) as she recovers from her C-Section. But I do want everyone to know that those plans could be subject to change. And if they do, it will only be because that's how the Lord wants it to be. I have chosen to be completely led by Him. My life is His. And oh what a refreshing, burden-lifting thought that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment