Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

One of my favorite cookies are Chocolate Peanut Butter No- Bake cookies. They have been a favorite since I was a kid, so I have tasted quite a few and most of them have all been considered the "best recipe". Well, although ALL of those cookies were DELISH....I believe I may have just found the best recipe yet. No, it's not my own; I found it on the internet, wrote it down, made them, tasted them and now I'm going to share them with you! So why are they, in my opinion, the best? Well, you know how a lot of the time these kind of cookies dry out quickly and then become crumbly and messy? Well, these did not do that! They stayed together and also stayed chewy. Mmmmmmm

Sorry I don't have any pictures!

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
Waxed paper


Directions:

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.

On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.

This recipe from CDKitchen for Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies serves/makes 24

P.S. I found that they keep better in the refrigerator!



3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, Megan, you are making my mouth water! When you get home we'll have to have and Emma/baking night!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I am so gonna make these!! Love you meggie moo!
    -Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke ~ Haha! I agree 100%!! Let's start planning as soon as I get home : )

    Margaret ~ Yay! I love you too, Sweet Marg!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete