Thursday, February 2, 2012

Quote & Picture a day for one week: Day 2 - Thursday

"As for me, I repent of ever having made a record or ever having sung a song unless it's provoked people to follow Jesus, to lay down their whole lives before him, to give him everything. It doesn't cost you much to follow Jesus - just everything!....If you want Jesus Christ to completely take over your life, you're willing to die for him, give him every possession, every friend, every loved one, every plan, every hope, every dream. You're willing to give it all up if necessary. I'm not saying that's what he wants you to do, but you are willing. If you're willing to come before his throne empty-handed, raise your hand. If you can't look at him in the eye and know you've been living a pleasing life before him, get your hand up and make it right. Jesus Christ is not your Savior unless he's the Lord of your life, and Lord means he owns and controls - lock, stock, and barrel - your destiny, your future, and your present. And he throws away your past as far as the east is from the west." - Keith Green speaking to an estimated 35,000 people (from the book 'No Compromise' by Melody Green and David Hazard)

To some, sick in bed with a head cold doesn't sound very pleasant. But for someone like me, who has been feeling the need for a time of rest in the Lord, it has been a blessing in disguise. Not only have I been able to catch on some sleep, but I have been able to enjoy a beautiful, sunny day with Jesus and accompanied by these three books:

The Bible, 'No Compromise' by Melody Green,  and 'Keys to The Deeper Life' by A.W. Tozer

Oh, and of course I can't forget my little quail friend :) 


1 comment:

  1. You didn't tell me you were sick! Please feel better, best friend, and I am praying for you (actually just did earlier- Jesus knows)!

    ReplyDelete