Saturday, November 24, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


   Per several requests from friends via Facebook the other day, here's a recipe for the best banana bread ever. No kidding. I'm literally not allowed to make any other kind in our house anymore. It's so good, I wish I came up with it.  
I actually don't know who created this recipe, but I can at least give credit to the giver of it, Tiffany, from Offbeat and Inspired (Check out the blog. It's awesome!!!). She made it for my family over a year ago, and it was gone in minutes if I remember correctly. I was then ordered asked to request the recipe from Tiffany. After a day of baking at her house one day, I finally got it from her and made it myself soon after, only for it to taste .... different....not the same....kind of not as good...you get the point, I'm sure. 

Something was missing. I was gypped and I knew it. By a friend no less.  What is this world coming to?  

Okay, it wasn't THAT bad. After a brief phone call I found out that I was gypped on accident. 

I forgive you, Tiffany! Whoever thought that brown sugar could make such a difference?!

It's been perfect from then on in.  And so, if you're still with me, here's the recipe! 

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
Makes two 9inch loaves

1 Cup butter (2 sticks), room temp.

2 Cups white sugar

2 large eggs

2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise

5-6 Ripe bananas

3 Cups AP flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. baking soda

1 cup chocolate chips

Brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 loaf pans by greasing very well and sprinkling a layer of brown sugar on the bottom.
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one by one, mixing well in between. Add mayo and bananas and mix. Whisk dry ingredients together and add to banana mixture little by little, *folding it in as you go. Fold in chocolate chips.  Pour into prepared pans and sprinkle another layer of brown sugar on the top. Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

*Or if you have a mixing machine like a KitchenAid like I do, you really don't need to bother with the whole folding thing.

Enjoy! And please let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I love your introduction to yourself Megan! Inspiring, honorable, amazing! God has given you such a gift and I am thankful I am blessed to be able to be partaker of watching it in you!

    ReplyDelete