Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving...Belated



   My poor blog. I'm sure it feels quite abandoned by now! Over THREE months without writing a single word :/  Even my brother finally gave up on trying to convince me to write. I often go through seasons like this with my blog. Some months I write like crazy and then I'll stop all together for awhile. Hopefully this will be a season of writing again. To make up for my absence though, I'm going to give you a little, and really easy recipe to enjoy.

 Happy Thanksgiving by the way!...a day after. (Oh well, I'm trying. )

Yesterday was loud, happy, fun, tiring, etc. How was yours?
In my opinion, Thanksgiving isn't much of a holiday without kids so that's why I decided to make a dessert just for them. You really can't go wrong with a simple cupcake. Of course with all the other desserts on the table, these were only for the kids.

 I think a couple jumped up onto the plate of an adult or two though....Okay, I had one too!

Before I even started, I already knew I didn't want the same old buttercream frosting I always use (no offense intended, Betty Crocker). And I also knew that there must be some way to boost a boxed cake mix.  After a bit of searching this is what I came up with:

1. White cake mix of choice
2.Follow the box's directions,  but add 1 or 2 more eggs ( in this case egg whites) and replace the water with milk. I seriously have never had a boxed cake mix turn out so well.

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting via Bakerella (My brother used the word "Awesome" when he tasted this frosting)

1 1/2 cups butter, softened


1 teaspoon vanilla
6 cups powdered sugar
4-8 Tablespoons milk
  • Beat the butter in a mixer until smooth.
  • Add vanilla and mix until combined.
  • Add the powdered sugar in several additions, scraping down the sides after each addition.
  • Add milk a tablespoon at a time and mix together until you achieve a smooth consistency.


Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment